The UP government is preparing for a “limited gathering of about 200 people” for the ceremony, for which a big waterproof tent is being set up inside the Ram Janmabhoomi premises and only a select number of VIPs will be allowed on the stage and at the shilanyas sthal (foundation-laying spot), said a senior state government official.
Even the entry of the media will be restricted to a few given the constraints on the number of attendees. A search for an adequate number of helipads is on to allow the landing of choppers on which some of the VIPs are expected to arrive.
The trust said that travelling to Ayodhya in the present circumstances “can cause a huge inconvenience, hence everyone is requested to stay where they are & celebrate this grand occasion of historic importance”.
It said in a statement that this “will be the most historic moment in the history of independent India”, which will be telecast live on DD and other channels.
“Arrangements may be made for a live webcast in a large hall or auditorium. Ram bhakts may decorate their houses, villages, markets, mandir, ashrams & distribute prasad. In the evening, there should be deep mala everywhere. We may also resolve to donate for Mandir nirman (construction).”
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Yogi Adityanath visits Ram Janmabhoomi in Ayodhya to see 'Bhoomi Pujan' preparations
- View: Ram Janmabhoomi movement is behind us, it's time to bury past animosity
- SC dismisses 2 PILs for preserving artefacts found at Ram Janmabhoomi, imposes cost
- Nyas chief Nritya Gopal Das named chairman of Ram Janmabhoomi Trust
- Vishwa Hindu Parishad pushes Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas model
- Donations to Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra eligible for exemption from income tax
1 Comment on this Story
Suresh Kamath88 days ago
Yes Prayers can be done from any place and Home a better one when in such Situation affected by Covid 19 Virus and Brick laying Ceremony can be watched on TV and people SHOULD not rush to these AREAS due to Social Distancing and personal Hygiene that is needed to fight this Covid Virus and hence Praying from Remote distance the ONLY OPTION for all others except those on SITE
Jai Sri Ram and may 130 Cr INDIANS be Blessed at ALL times and are SAFE and HEALTHY