Kalyan Singh was caught on camera saying PM Modi’s re-election was necessary for the country and every party worker should work towards it.
- Pilot factor shows in Gehlot cabinet
- No regret on not becoming the CM: Sachin Pilot
- Rajasthan Cabinet formation: Ashok Gehlot bats for old ministers, Sachin Pilot for youth
- Day 1 in office: Ashok Gehlot waives farm loans of up to Rs 2 lakh
- Jobless dole may come with riders as Jaipur coffers empty
- Rs 3 lakh crore debt poses challenge for agri loan waiver
- Ashok Gehlot takes oath as Rajasthan chief minister
Congress president Rahul Gandhi and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh also attended the event that saw Ashok Gehlot taking over as the chief minister of Rajasthan for the third time.
- Raje was 'careless' in fulfilling people's expectations in Rajasthan: Ashok Gehlot
Holding Raje responsible for the financial condition of the state, Gehlot said she could have done more work if she wanted.
- 15th Raj Assembly has 46 MLAs with criminal cases: ADR
Out of the 199 members of legislative assembly (MLAs), 46 MLAs have declared criminal cases against themselves.
Data Courtesy: ADR | National Election Watch
- 158 of 199 Rajasthan MLAs are crorepatis: ADR report
Among the richest MLAs who have declared their total assets in IT returns are Congress leaders Parasram Mordia with 172 crore.
- A magician, Ashok Gehlot knows how to play his cards right
Gehlot, a Gandhi loyalist, who was handpicked by Indira Gandhi in early 70s has spent over 40 years in politics, shuttling between state and central politics.
- Twice before, Ashok Gehlot faced challenges in CM race
After the jockeying for power since the results of the December 7 assembly polls came in on Tuesday, the Congress picked him over Pilot on Friday afternoon to head the state government.
- Sachin Pilot, Ashok Gehlot appeal to supporters to maintain calm
Their appeal came following reports of violence by Congress workers in parts of Rajasthan, demanding nomination of their respective favourite leaders as the CM.
- Congress picks Ashok Gehlot as Rajasthan CM, Sachin Pilot as Deputy CM
As per the strength of the Rajasthan assembly, the Gehlot ministry can have a maximum of 30 ministers
- NOTA votes in 15 Rajasthan constituencies outscore victory margin
The Congress emerged as the single-largest party in Rajasthan in Tuesday's vote count, winning 99 seats.
- Farm debt, jobs top priority for new Congress government: Sachin Pilot
“Rahul Gandhiji has promised to roll out loan waiver for farmers within 10 days of government formation. We are committed to it,” Pilot said.
- Congress falls one short of a century in Rajasthan
The incumbent BJP won 73 seats while six seats went to BSP and 21 to others, including rebels from Congress and BJP and parties such as CPM, RLP and BTP.
- Rajasthan Polls: PM Narendra Modi’s campaign gives BJP respect in defeat
PM visited Sumerpur in Pali on the last day of campaigning and BJP won all 4 seats there.
- Rajasthan Polls: Suspense over CM face on, Congress to take call today
Congress said the chief minister’s name will be decided after the meeting of legislators on Wednesday.
- Ashok Gehlot, "Magician" at heart, could become Rajasthan chief minister
Mr Gehlot has said magic is in his soul. At a conjurors' convention in 2015 - which he inaugurated by performing a little trick of his own - the veteran told the audience he would have followed his magician father's footstep had he not joined politics.
- 13 of 19 Rajasthan ministers lose elections; CM Vasundhara Raje retains her seat
However, Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje and her five cabinet colleagues have won their respective constituencies.
- Vasundhara Raje congratulates Congress, says proud of work done by her government
Raje thanked the people of the state, BJP workers, the prime minister and the BJP chief, saying they stood by her as family.
- 'Revolving door' trend continues in Rajasthan
Top leaders of Congress including former chief minister Ashok Gehlot, Congress chief Sachin Pilot, former union minister C P Joshi won the election.
- 14 Independent candidates could be critical to Rajasthan govt formation
Of the 14 constituencies where Independents are leading over 50% of these - 8 of the 14 are battles against BJP candidates.
- Ashok Gehlot plays early bird, throws Congress hat in Rajasthan ring
In the event of a photo finish, the experience and reach of Gehlot vis-a-vis BJP central leadership will be the central focus in the hunt for numbers.
- Headed for victory in 3 states; trend to continue in rest of India: Sachin Pilot
He said the Congress was marching towards victory in Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh and the trend would continue in the future in the rest of India.
- Congress will form govt in Rajasthan; Rahul, MLAs will take call on CM post: Ashok Gehlot
"We are confident that the Congress will get a clear majority and will for its government in Rajasthan," Gehlot told.
- Vasundhara Raje confident of win even as Sachin Pilot points to the exit
Around 140 seats are expected to witness a straight fight between the Congress and the BJP, but the rest of the seats may hold the key to the next government, according to some observers.
- Rajasthan polls: A day ahead of results, both Congress, BJP confident to form government
The counting at all the district head quarters will start at 8 am and trends are likely to be clear by afternoon.
- Team Vasundhara Raje goes into huddle amid adverse exit polls
“BJP is forming the government. There is no doubt about it. We are coming back with absolute majority,” said Raje, confident about her comeback.
- BJP says it will win Rajasthan again; Cong waits to 'surpass' exit poll numbers
An upbeat Congress believes it would surpass the exit poll predictions when the election results are declared on Tuesday.
- Election Commission orders repolling at booth in Rajasthan's Karanpur constituency
The decision was taken after it came to notice that electronic voting machines (EVMs) were not cleared of mock poll when the actual polling began, election department sources said.
- Rajasthan exit polls predict Congress may storm desert state
Times Now- CNX exit poll has predicted Congress is winning 105 seats, and BJP is winning 85 with the rest for others out of 199 seats in Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan polls: Voters walk miles through desert to cast votes
People here had to walk long distances as polling booths are located at far off places. Both the districts share border with Pakistan and is part of the Thar desert region.
- Rajasthan polls: Young and old queue up in booths for peace, prosperity and employment
In many parts of Rajasthan, more than 20 per cent votes were cast in the first three hours of polling which started at 8 am.
- Where polls are an uphill task and test vocal chords
Tucked away at a height of 4,921 feet, a primary school at the small village of Uttraj in Sirohi district near Mount Abu, is the highest polling booth in the state.
- Rajasthan elections 2018: Left hopes to win 3 seats with support of farmers
The CPM has fielded 28 candidates and it expects to put up a good fight in around nine of these seats.
- Rajasthan elections 2018: Castemen first choice, Congress second for Jats
Jat voters mentioned water, power, inadequate compensation for their crop and unemployment as the major reasons for their unhappiness with the government.
- Rajasthan elections 2018: Foot soldiers take over the poll battle
“There are over 51,000 booths and we have deployed at least 10 volunteers at every booth. Besides, candidates also bring volunteers to booths to facilitate the electoral process,” said Congress spokesperson Satyendra Raghav.
- Rajasthan elections 2018: Big battlefields
Congress CM hopeful Sachin Pilot is taking on the state road minister Yoonus Khan, the BJP’s lone Muslim candidate in Tonk.
- Rajasthan polls: Voting begins as Raje fights anti-incumbency
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje (Jhalrapatan), Congress state president Sachin Pilot (Tonk), former chief minister Ashok Gehlot (Sardarpura) are among the 2,274 candidates in the fray.
- Rajput pride & jobs override Robert Vadra land deal issue in Kolayat
BJP had raised the issue of “illegal” land deals by Vadra’s company in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections and has raked it up again now.
- Telangana & Rajasthan assembly elections: KCR,Vasundhara Raje face the test today
Congress is believed to have the edge in the desert state, which has earned a reputation of voting the ruling party out, as it won recent bypolls.
- Rajasthan, Telangana vote today
In Rajasthan and Telangana elections for 199 and 119 assembly seats, respectively, will be held today.
- Rajasthan polls: Alwar group makes candidates sign affidavit of promises for votes
He said the group has met 12 of the 17 candidates who have filed their nominations for the electoral battle from Alwar (Urban) seat, currently represented by the BJP.
- Rajasthan Election results: All you need to know
Since 1993, power has alternated between Congress and BJP every five years. Despite a series of by-poll losses, Vasundhara Raje is banking on several welfare schemes to deliver political dividends.
- Rajasthan polls: After four-year wait, Sachin Pilot hopeful of wearing 'safa' again
The Rajasthan Congress chief had pledged in 2014 to not wear the traditional headgear till the party returns to power in the state.
- Sachin Pilot knows, shows the way in Rajasthan's Tonk
In the last round, Pilot is focusing on small meetings rather than a rally or roadshow.
- Former chief minister Ashok Gehlot at home in Sardarpura
Gehlot arrived in the constituency at 9.30 am on Wednesday after a hectic, 16-day electoral campaign during which he addressed 80 rallies across the state.