KCR's weapons included well-targeted schemes, great use of social media and delivering on his promises.
- K Chandrashekar Rao takes oath as Telangana CM
- ‘Truck took away votes meant for TRS car’
- KCR: The little known Congress foot soldier who became mascot of Telangana pride
- KCR elected leader of TRS legislature party
- Message from Telangana: KCR new bahubali
- KCR succeeds where Chandrababu Naidu failed
- Congress top guns fail to fire despite Sonia Gandhi rally
A majority of these big guns were in the race for the chief minister’s post in the event of a kutami victory. Congress lost even the Medchal seat where UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi had addressed a huge public meeting.
- Chandrababu Naidu blitz boomerangs, clouds role on national stage
When KCR surprised everyone by dissolving the assembly and simultaneously announcing TRS candidates for 105 of 119 constituencies, opposition parties were merely talking of coming together.
- Populist schemes pay handsome dividends to TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao
The TRS secured a two thirds majority, winning 84 seats in the 119 member assembly in a resounding endorsement of KCRs popularity.
- Telangana Rashtra Samithi will play a very crucial role in national politics: K Chandrasekhar Rao
The Telangan Rashtra Samithi has secured a two-thirds majority, winning 81 seats out of the total 119 as per the latest vote count in the assembly elections.
- KCR: An obscure Congress foot soldier who became mascot of Telangana pride
In the 2009 assembly elections, TRS allied with the TDP after the latter agreed to extend "unconditional support" for creation of Telangana.
- TRS reignites Telangana Fire, wins 88 seats
The pre-poll alliance between the Congress and the TDP failed to make any impact as both parties have traditionally been foes and are ideologically at odds.
- TRS to form government in Telangana, KCR returns as king
Celebrations erupted in TRS offices throughout the state as well as in the Telangana Bhavan, the party headquarters in Hyderabad.
- TRS on course to retaining power in Telangana
TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao (Gajwel), his son K T Rama Rao (Sircilla) and nephew T Harish Rao (Siddipet) have established handsome leads.
- View: Well done KCR, now bring state finances in order
His gamble to go for early elections and return to power with a bigger majority has paid off.
- Riding on Telangana pride, TRS heading for landslide victory
Beating all expectations of pre-poll surveys and exit polls, the TRS appeared set to win 90 seats in the 119-member Assembly.
- Akbaruddin Owaisi wins Chandrayangutta seat in Telangana
AIMIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi won from Chandrayangutta constituency for the fifth time in a row, defeating his nearest BJP rival Syed Shehjadi by a margin of over 80,000 votes.
- TRS forges ahead in 87 constituencies; KCR ahead in Gajwel
According to trends available for 114 segments at 10 AM, the Congress was leading in 14 seats and its ally Telugu Desam Party in one constituency.
- BJP hints at supporting TRS; Opposition tells Governor to treat it as single entity
“There are several rulings by the apex court directing governors to invite the pre-poll alliances with a majority to form governments,” Telangana Congress president N Uttam Kumar Reddy said.
- Treat 'People's Front' as single entity: Congress to Telangana Governor
"We submitted documents to Governor Narasimhan," State Congress president N Uttam Kumar Reddy said, and cited the Supreme Court verdicts that pre-poll alliance be treated as a single entity.
- TRS will form next govt on its own strength: AIMIM chief
Owaisi said he will meet KCR (Rao) Monday afternoon adding this is "our first step towards a larger goal of nation building."
- Telangana to have direct impact on Rahul Gandhi, Narendra Modi & Chandrababu Naidu
Analysts view the outcome in Telangana as highly critical for the future of the Rahul Gandhi-Chandrababu Naidu duo and the formation of a united opposition against Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- EVM & VVPAT snags reported in Telangana: 70% Polling with poor urban turnout
Though the polling on Friday began at 7 am on a dull note for the 119 assembly constituencies with 2.8 crore voters, the percentage picked up later.
- Telangana exit polls predict TRS may retain state
TRS to get 66 seats, Congress to get 37 , BJP to get 7 and others including AIMIM to get 9: Times Now-CNX exit poll.
- My name missing in list, could not vote: Jwala Gutta
She sought to know why her name was deleted as she has been residing at the same residence for the past 12 years.
- AIMIM confident of winning all contested seats: Asaduddin Owaisi
The AIMIM has fielded candidates in eight assembly segments in Hyderabad out of the total 119 seats in the state. It is supporting TRS in other segments
- Film personalities add glitz to Telangana polls
Adding a dash of glamour to the poll process in Telangana, Telugu film bigwigs turned up in good numbers to cast their ballot Friday.
- Telangana elections 2018: ‘One-horse race’ is now last-lap thriller
A major tactical advantage for the Opposition –– which is also the weakness of the TRS –– is the fact that the “Telangana statehood emotional outpouring” which was the central focus of 2014 polls, has receded.
- As Telangana votes, here are the key seats to look for
Voting in Telangana is underway as the incumbent chief minister KCR takes on the combined might of Congress, TDP and the CPI.
- Telangana & Rajasthan assembly elections: KCR,Vasundhara Raje face the test today
Congress is believed to have the edge in the desert state, which has earned a reputation of voting the ruling party out, as it won recent bypolls.
- Rajasthan, Telangana vote today
In Rajasthan and Telangana elections for 199 and 119 assembly seats, respectively, will be held today.
- Telangana polls: Crucial test for BJP to gain foothold in the state
Poll analysts said the BJP could also hurt the prospects of the Congress in a few assembly segments.
- A battle of anti-incumbency vs welfare-native sentiments in Telangana
The opposition is pinning hopes on the disgruntled sections of the society, apart from the votes of Seemandhra migrants after Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu led Telugu Desam Party joined the Congress-led People’s Front.
- It’s do-or-die fight for TRS in North Telangana
North Telangana is a do-or-die battle for TRS which is hoping to ride back to power as the Congress-led oppositiona alliance is particularly strong in South Telangana.
- Telangana polls: Only BJP can firmly deal with Naxals, ISI activities says Adityanath
"The BJP will resolve the Naxal issue and act sternly against the anti-India activities of the ISI to ensure security for every citizen," says Yogi Adityanath.
- Telangana people betrayed by those in power in Hyderabad: Sonia Gandhi
Sonia Gandhi said the 'Praja Kutami' (people's alliance) - comprising Congress, Telugu Desam Party, Telangana Jana Samithi and CPI - was a grand alliance for all sections of the society.
- TRS will form government, we will not join it: Asaduddin Owaisi
In any case, there would not be any need for AIMIM to join the government as TRS would get a majority on its own, said Asaduddin Owaisi.
- Telangana elections: Campaign of abuses ends, dry days till 7th evening
Chief electoral officer Rajat Kumar on Tuesday said campaign will draw to a close at 4 pm in 13 constituencies in Maoist-affected region and 5 pm in rest of the state.
- Telangana elections: Turncoats spice up contest in crucial constituencies in Hyderabad
In Jubilee Hills, Maganti Gopinath, now a TRS candidate, had won with a wafer-thin margin of 9,240 votes over MIM candidate V Naveen Yadav as a TDP candidate in 2014.
- Telangana BJP president K Laxman's re-election generates interest
BJP is going alone in the December seven polls, and Laxman, who had his grooming in BJP's student wing ABVP and joined the party in 1980, is confident that he would win again.
- Telangana: Several Plots, subplots for muslim votes in Hyderabad & beyond
AIMIM, which debuted in (united) AP assembly in 1962 with one seat, managed its best show in the 2014 Telangana elections when it won seven out of 20 seats it contested.
- Chandrababu Naidu fields NTR’s grandchild to meet poll, family goals
For Naidu, Suhasini’s candidature thus becomes both an electorally savvy move and a tactical devise to co-opt the larger NTR family –– barring NTR’s daughter D Purandeswari.
- Owls for black magic in Telangana polls seized
The forest officials of Karnataka have given instructions to the staff to be on high alert to prevent poachers from capturing the Indian eagle-owls along the border with Telangana.
- TRS govt's Muslim quota move aimed at "hijacking" voters: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
Some parties, despite knowing that religion-based reservation was not possible, come out with such decisions only to "hijack the voters", Naqvi said.
- BJP committed to Telangana development: Union Minister Smriti Irani
Addressing an election rally at Nizamabad, she said if voted to power, the BJP would provide bicycles at free of cost to girl students from class VII to X.
- Battle for Hyderabad: 'Settlers' and Muslims hold the aces
The TDP and the BJP were in an alliance in 2014. For the upcoming Telangana Assembly polls, the N Chandrababu Naidu-led TDP has struck an electoral pact with the Congress.
- Praja Kutami to Maha Kutami: Opposition alliance experiments in Telangana before big fight of 2019
The grand alliance 'Praja Kutami'- comprising Congress, Telugu Desam Party (TDP), Telangana Jan Samithi (TJS) and CPI -- is taking on the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) for December 7 state assembly elections.
- Telangana Polls 2018: 'Settler’ factor adds twist to TRS-Opposition battle
For the Opposition alliance, subtly amalgamating settlers with the Telangana Congress’ base is a strategic requirement to stump the TRS.
- Vote BJP to see Hyderabad transform into 'Bhagyanagar': Yogi Adityanath
"If Hyderabad has to be transformed into 'Bhagyanagar' then I call upon you to support BJP to form government (in Telangana)", Adtiyanatha said.