'Infrastructure as a Service' market grew by 29.5% in 2017: Gartner
Cloud-directed IT spending now constitutes more than 20 percent of the total IT budget for organizations using cloud.
PC shipments to see flat growth due to price rise: Gartner
While the PC and tablet market is estimated to decline 1.2% in 2018; the mobile ph...
Delay in government spends hurts IT companies' revenues
Inconsistency in business from govt, the largest tech spender, has hurt IT cos in las...
Analytics & BI market revenue to reach $304mn in 2018: Gartner
The analytics and business intelligence (BI) software market revenue in India is expected to reach $304mn in 2018, an 18.1% year-on-year increase, according to research firm Gartner, Inc.
Gartner forecasts worldwide public cloud revenue to grow 17.3 percent in 2019
Analysts to Explore Cloud Computing Trends at the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2018, November 13-16 in Goa, India
Rise of the machines: When bots take over the workplace
It’s the Year of the Bots. They are efficient, can handle scale and work tirelessly without a lunch break.
IT spending in India may grow 9% in 2018: Gartner
IT services spending is on pace to grow 15.7 per cent in 2017 to reach $12.6 billion, an increase of 13.8 per cent in 2018 to reach $14.3 billion.
Samsung pips Intel as top semiconductor player in 2017: Gartner
Samsung registered $59,875 million in revenue while Intel at second place reported a revenue of $58,725 million with 14 per cent market share.
Huawei topples Apple to become second largest smartphone vendor globally in Q2: Gartner
According to the Gartner report, Huawei secured second position by selling 49846.5 thousand units; while Apple moved into the third spot by selling 44715.1 thousand units.
IT spending in EMEA to hit $1 trillion in 2018: Gartner
"The UK has EMEA's largest IT market and its decline of 3.1 per cent in 2017 impacts the forecast heavily," said John-David Lovelock, Research Vice President, Gartner.
DLF-GIC JV eyes Rs 350 crore annual rent income from new commercial project at Gurugram
DLF, the country's largest realty firm, has 66.66 per cent stake in DCCDL, while Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC owns the rest 33.34 per cent.
IoT security spending to reach $1.5 billion in 2018: Gartner
Global spending on IoT security is expected to reach $3.1 billion in 2021, the report, titled "Forecast: IoT Security, Worldwide, 2018", said.
Global IT spend to touch $3.68 trillion this year: Gartner
At about USD 3.52 trillion currently, it is expected to grow further by 2.7 per cent next year to touch USD 3.78 trillion.
Infosys McCamish positioned as 'Leader' in Gartner's Magic
The Gartner Magic Quadrant evaluated vendors that provide Policy Administration Systems (PAS) for individual and group life.
Alibaba cloud sees a bright lining in data localisation
Alibaba Cloud entered into a partnership with ONGO Framework, an IT and digital solutions company, to provide services to 100,000 MSMEs in India by December 2019.
Copyright © 2020 Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. All rights reserved. For reprint rights: Times Syndication Service