How to download Aadhaar from the UIDAI website
If you have applied for an Aadhaar but have not received it yet, you can download a PDF of it online. Here's a guide to how you can download it online.
If you have applied for an Aadhaar card but have not received it yet, you can download a PDF of it online from the UIDAI's website.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can download Aadhaar online:
1. Visit the UIDAI website: www.uidai.gov.in
2. Click on the download Aadhaar option under the 'My Aadhaar' tab.
3. Enter either your 28 digit enrolment ID as mentioned on the acknowledgment slip or your 12-digit Aadhaar number, or 16 digit Virtual ID and captcha code. You can also choose if you want masked Aadhaar copy. Under the masked copy, the first eight digits of your Aadhaar card will be hidden.
5. Click on 'Send OTP' if you have not generated 'TOTP using m-Aadhaar app'. An six-digit OTP will be sent to your mobile number. The OTP will be valid for 10 minutes.
6. Enter the OTP. You will be required to undertake a survey. Click on 'Verify and Download'. A PDF file will be downloaded on your computer.
7. This file is password protected. The password for the file is the first four letters of your name as mentioned on Aadhaar card which you will have to enter in capital letters and your year of birth in YYYY format. For instance, if your name is Sneha and you were born in the year 1980, then your password will be SNEH1980.