After applying for an Aadhaar card, if your Aadhaar number has been generated, you can download it in PDF format from the Unique Identification Authority of India's (UIDAI) website. As per UIDAI, an Aadhaar card downloaded (or e-Aadhaar) from the UIDAI website is a valid proof of identity. It has said that an e-Aadhaar should be treated on par with a printed Aadhaar letter.
How to download Aadhaar card online using UIDAI's website:
1. Visit the UIDAI website: www.uidai.gov.in
3. Enter your 28-digit enrolment ID as mentioned on the acknowledgment slip or your 12-digit Aadhaar number, or 16 digit Virtual ID and captcha code. You can also choose to download masked Aadhaar copy, if you want. Under the masked copy, the first eight digits of your Aadhaar number will be hidden.
5. Click on 'Send OTP' if you have not generated 'TOTP using m-Aadhaar app'. An six-digit OTP will be sent to your mobile number. The OTP will remain valid for 10 minutes.
6. Enter the OTP. You will be required to undertake a survey. Click on 'Verify and Download'. A PDF file will be downloaded on your computer.
7. This file is password protected. The password for the file is the first four letters of your name as mentioned on Aadhaar card, which you will have to enter in capital letters and your year of birth in YYYY format, together. For instance, if your name is Sneha and you were born in the year 1980, then your password will be SNEH1980.
- What is Aadhaar number?
The Aadhaar number is a 12-digit unique identification number that an individual can obtain by submitting identity proof, address proof, date of birth and biometrics.
- Is an Aadhaar card downloaded from UIDAI website valid?
According to a UIDAI circular dated April 28, 2017, the Aadhaar card downloaded from UIDAI website, i.e., the e-Aadhaar is valid as a proof of identity. e-Aadhaar should be treated on par with a printed Aadhaar letter.
- What is the password of downloaded Aadhaar card?
The password to open a downloaded Aadhaar card is a combination of the first four letters of your name in CAPITAL and your year of birth. For instance, if your name is Raj Kumar and you were born in the year 1986, then the password will be RAJK1986.
- To download Aadhaar, what do I need?
To download Aadhaar, one needs either Aadhaar number or Enrolment ID or virtual ID.
- Is mobile number mandatory to download Aadhaar?
Yes, your mobile number must be registered in the UIDAI records to download Aadhaar. A One-Time Password will be sent to your mobile phone during the process of downloading Aadhaar.
Read More News on
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
34 Comments on this Story
Hindi Kona62 days ago
Today evertything happen with online and its very good for today's busy life Jaharsewa । E District Jharkhand doing same thing for Jharkhand People. With this portal help you can Issue Your Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, Resident Certificate and more.
Md Kaif167 days ago
Rahul Verma259 days ago